Streamline strawberry chocolate brownies
Streamline Reduced Sugar Jams
Streamline reduced sugar jams and marmalades are from an all-natural recipe with 30% less sugar than standard jams and marmalades. Streamline offers people the opportunity to cut back on sugar without compromising on flavour. The jam is packed full of fruit and is available in a range of flavours giving everyone the opportunity to make a little change that, over time, can make a big difference. For more ideas, product info and recipes visit the Streamline website.
These have all the gooey intensity of a chocolate brownie but they are made lighter by swapping butter for yoghurt. The strawberry jam gives a lovely fruity kick to cut through the rich chocolate.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- 200g dark chocolate, (try to use one with around 70% cocoa content) chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g dark Muscovado sugar
- 150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 150g Doves farm gluten free plain flour
- 2 tbsp Streamline strawberry jam
- fresh strawberries to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170C/ 150 fan/ gas 3 and line a 20cmx20cm tin with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the chocolate over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally
- While the chocolate is melting whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until they’re fluffy and thickened. Continue whisking, gradually adding the sugar and then stir in the yoghurt.
- Gently stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture until completely combined then sieve in the flour and gently fold in.
- Pour half of the mixture into the brownie tin spreading into the corners then drizzle over the Streamline strawberry jam. With a skewer or tip of a knife, lightly swirl the jam into the mixture. Add the remaining mixture, again spreading to the corners then bake for 30-35 minutes until the brownie has a crust on top but is still soft in the middle.
- Leave to cool in the tin then cut into 16 squares. The consistency improves the next day, so if you can bear it keep them in an airtight tin overnight and serve the following day, with fresh strawberries.